Fun Facts, Real Estate Facts & Things To Do
Barrington Rhode Island
- The town of Barrington is located within the boundaries of Bristol County. Barrington was incorporated in 1770.
- 2010 Census notes 16,310 people live in this town.
- There are 6,011 households in Barrington according to the census.
- Size: 15.4 Sq Miles (8.4 Sq Miles of land & 7.0 Sq Miles of water)
- Zip Code: 02806
- Find listed below some of the great historic must-see's of Barrington RI, including but not limited to Belton Court, the Town Hall, Nayatt Point Lighthouse and more.
- Town of Barrington Official Website
- Coordinates: 41°44′43″N 71°19′5″W
Real Estate Facts
|Residential||% of Value||Commercial||Vehicle||Biz & Personal Prop|
The Barrington Public Works Department is responsible for: street, sidewalks, snow removal, storm drainage, collection & disposal of refuse and recyclables, maintenance of public parks, maintenance of public buildings and grounds & tree maintenance. ~ see the link above to connect with the Barrington Public Works.
Barrington Town Hall
- The Barrington Town Hall (pictured at the left) was built somewhere between 1887 - 1888.
- It was designed by 3 providence architects (Stone, Carpenter & Wilson).
- This medieval style building is located at 283 County Rd Barrington RI 02806.
- It consists of 1 1/2 stories, 3 flank gable units and 2 circular towers.
- Much of this unique structure is created using boulders.
- The town hall building has received EPA Energy Star recognition for its energy efficiency and now has a plaque honoring the achievement in one of it's staircases.
- Also known as Ferrin Hall, Barrington College, Gibson Memorial Build and Peck Mansion.
- Located on Middle Highway in Barrington RI.
- Built in 1905 by Martin & Hall.
- Stylized as a Colonial Revival.
- Originally occupied by the Peck family.
- Was part of the Barrington College campus until it merged with Gordon College in MA, and sold to Zion Bible College, which they used until they moved to Bradford Massachusetts. Future: into a nonprofit academy for pre-college international students, mostly Chinese
- Added to the historic register in 1976.
Nayatt Point Light
- Coordinate: 41.4493°N 71.3993°W
- The current light was built of brick in 1856 and contains an 1828 keeper's house.
- The lighthouse was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
- Built: 1928
- Accessibility: The lighthouse and grounds are privately owned and are not open to the public. The lighthouse is best viewed from the water.
- Station established: 1828; Present lighthouse built: 1856; Discontinued: 1868.
- Construction material: Brick.
- Height of tower: 25 feet; Height of focal plane: 31 feet.
Alfred Drowne Road Historic District
- This historic district includes Greek Revival, Italianate, Queen Anne, Victorian Vernacular, Colonial Revival and Craftsman structures.
- Age: 1830's - 1940's
- In 1855 the railroad was established.
- Architect of interest: May Mason
- The Alfred Drowne Rd Historic District contains 43 private residences in an approximate 27 acre area in Western Barrington.
- The district begins on Washington Road at Lincoln Ave and continues South to the corner of Alfred Drowne Rd.
- Preservation Documentation
Barrington High School
220 Lincoln Avenue, Barrington, RI 02806
Main Office Tel: 401-247-3150
School Nurse: 401-247-3155
Barrington Middle School
Middle Highway, Barrington RI 02806
Office hours: 7:15 - 3:00 PM
Hampden Meadows School
297 New Meadow Road
Barrington, RI 02806
FAX : 401-245-5003
Nayatt School: Grades K-3
400 Nayatt Road
Barrington, RI 02806
School Hours: 8:15 a.m. – 2:40 p.m.
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Primrose Hill School
Primrose Hill School is an elementary school in Barrington, Rhode Island, that includes pre-kindergarten through grade three. Barrington is a suburban town located southeast of the city of Providence and along Narragansett Bay. Our school consists of three hundred fifty terrific students, seventeen dynamic classroom teachers and another twenty-five dedicated specialists, resource persons and support personnel. Our learning community is further strengthened by an active PTO, caring volunteers and citizens committed to education. Please check other features on our site to learn more about our school organization. Thanks for visiting us!
60 Middle Highway
Barrington, RI 02806
364 Sowams Rd.
Barrington, RI 02806
School Number: 401.247.3180
FAX Number: 401.245.5003
East Bay Bike Path
The East Bay Bike Path is the first multi-town bike path we built in Rhode Island. It travels 14.5 miles from India Point Park in Providence to Independence Park in Bristol, passing many state and local parks and recreation areas. Connecting neighborhoods, schools and business districts, the path is popular with commuting cyclists heading into Providence.
- Barrington Parking:
- County Road, Barrington
- Haines Memorial State Park, Barrington
Farmers Markets & Farms
Haines State Park Farmers Market
- Haines Park Rd, Barrington, RI
- May 6 to October 28, 2015
Barrington Public Library
- Located at 281 County Rd Barrington RI 02806
- Phone: 401.247.1920
- Barrington Public Library has 2 locations to display art work and you can find out more details at the Barrington Public Library Website. You should go either way and check out some of our local artists.
- Has a 1st Monday / Month coffee & book chat group.
- Enjoy lots of features such as Wednesday Matinée Movie Series, online classes, interactive workshops, Educational talks to help with college and much, much more.
- Official Barrington Public Library Website
Barrington, RI Dog Parks
Barrington Dog Park (at Haines Park)
Haines Rd, Barrington, RI
The dog park is behind the baseball fields and has a bench (no separate small dog area). Be sure to bring water for your dog.
Barrington Beaches & Parks
|Barrington Town Beach||Bay Rd||SITE||401.274.1925||Salt|
|Haines Memorial State Park||Haines Park Rd||SITE||401.253.7482||State|
~ Haines Memorial State Park was established in 1911 when Ida M. Haines donated 83 acres of land to the Metropolitan Park Commission. The land was donated for use as a park in memory of her brother.