Fun Facts, Real Estate Facts & Things To Do
Charlestown Rhode Island
- The town of Charlestown is located within the boundaries of Washington County.
- Charlestown was incorporated in 1738.
- 2010 Census notes 7,827 people live in this town.
- Charlestown is named after King Charles II & was formally part of Westerly. It divided north of the Pawcatuck River and became the town of Richmond in 1747.
- Size: 59.3 Sq Miles (36.8 Sq Miles of land & 22.5 Sq Miles of water)
- Zip Code: 02813
- The government has a 5 member town council that is lead by a council president.
- Town of Charlestown Official Website
- Coordinates: 41°23′7″N 71°40′5″W
Real Estate Facts
% of Value
Biz / Personal Prop
The Bobcock-Smith House
- Located at 124 Granite Street Westerly RI 02891
- Phone: 401.596.5704
- FACEBOOK & WEBSITE
- A Georgian Mansion erected in 1734 was the former home of the Babcocks and Smiths.
- This museum is a must see for historians & antique lovers!!!
- Hours vary, so check out the official Bobcock-Smith Website for more details.
- Fun Fact: in 1772 Joshua was appointed the first colonial postmaster of Westerly with the post office located in this house.
Cross Mills Public Library
- Address: 4417 Old Post Rd Charlestown, RI 02813
- Phone: (401) 364-6211
- Cross Mills Public Library Website
- According to the library's website, "The Cross' Mills Public Library services a unique population. Charlestown has a winter-resident population of approximately 7,900; a summer-resident group consisting of at least 3,000; and an unpredictable number of summer visitors. In this rapidly growing community, the library must meet the changing informational and recreational needs of diverse groups. The library will continue to serve as a focal point in the community, providing cultural and informational programs that touch every age group from pre-school children to senior citizens. While a public library neither promotes nor endorses particular beliefs or views, it does provide resources which individuals may examine freely in order to make their own decisions. Our mission is to educate, enrich, and enlighten our patrons."
|Blue Shutters Town Beach||469 E Beach Rd||SITE||401.364.1222||Salt|
|Burlingame State Park||1st St||SITE||401.322.7337||Fresh|
|Charlestown Breachway State Beach||Charlestown Beach Rd||SITE||401.322.8910||Salt|
|Charlestown Town Beach||557 Charlestown Beach Rd||SITE||401.364.1222||Salt|
|East Beach / Ninigret Conservation Area||East Beach Rd||SITE||401.322.0450||Salt|
|Ninigret Park||Old Post Rd||SITE||401.364.1222||Fresh|