Fun Facts, Real Estate Facts & Things To Do
Glocester Rhode Island
- The town of Glocester is located within the boundaries of Providence County.
- Barrington was incorporated in 1731.
- 2010 Census notes 9,746 people live in this town.
- Glocester Villages: Chepachet & Harmony.
- Size: 56.8 Sq Miles (54.8 Sq Miles of land & 2.0 Sq Miles of water)
- Zip Code: 02814, 02829, 02859
- Glocester was named for Henry Stuart, Duke of Gloucester.
- Glocester was part of Providence until 1731.
- Town of Glocester Official Website
- Coordinates: 41°53′27″N 71°41′26″W
Real Estate Facts
% of Value
Biz / Personal Prop
Brown & Hopkins Store
- Location: 1179 Main St Glocester RI
- Phone: 401.568.4830
- Built in 1799.
- Architect: Timothy Wilmarth.
- This is the nation's oldest continuously operating general store, dating from 1809.
- The store currently features antiques, country furnishings, gourmet food, penny candy and a cafe.
- Hours: Mon-Sat 10-5, Thu 'til 7 & Sun 12-5 (But Please call in advance to verify).
Glocester Manton Free Public Library
- Address: 1137 Putnam Pike Glocester RI 02814
- Phone: (401) 568-6077
- Glocester Manton Free Public Library
- Address: 195 Putnam Pike Glocester RI 02829
- Phone: (401) 949-2850
- Harmony Library Website
|Casimir Pulaski Memorial Recreation||151 Pulaski Rd||SITE||401.568.2085||Fresh|
|George Washington Management Area||2185 Putnam Pike||SITE||401.568.2013||Fresh|