Fun Facts, Real Estate Facts & Things To Do
Johnston Rhode Island
- The town of Johnston is located within the boundaries of Providence County.
- Johnston was incorporated in 1759.
- 2010 Census notes 28,769 people live in this town.
- Johnston was named for the colonial attorney general, August Johnston.
- Size: 24.4 Sq Miles (23.7 Sq Miles of land & .7 Sq Miles of water)
- Zip Code: 02919
- Find details below about the Clemence Irons House, a rare stone-ender built in 1691 in Johnston RI below.
- Town of Johnston Official Website
- Coordinates: 41°49′36″N 71°29′41″W
Real Estate Facts
% of Value
Biz / Personal Prop
Clemence Irons House
- AKA: Edward Manton House.
- Built: 1691
- Architect: 1691
- Style: Stone Ender, first developed in western England.
- One of the oldest houses in Rhode Island.
- The house was donated to SPNEA, now known as Historic New England in 1947.
- Consists of a great room & chamber in the main block, with a kitchen and small chamber in the rear.
- Isham had furnishings made from the old wood.
Marian J. Mohr Memorial Library
- Address: 1 Memorial Ave Johnston RI 02919
- Phone: (401) 231-4980
- Marian J. Mohr Memorial Library Website
- According to the library website, "Mohr Library is the public library of Johnston, Rhode Island. The new facility has 20 tables, 15 public computers and laptops, over 50,000 books, video and audio recordings, and electronic readers. There is a meeting room for public use by up to 40 people, as well as quiet rooms for up to six people."
- Check out library events such as knitting groups, books sales & readings
Fred Lippitt Woonasquatucket River Greenway
The Woonasquatucket River Greenway provides a vital link for biking to work or school for residents in Providence and Johnston. Through a series of on-road routes and off-road paths, you can ride 5 miles from Lyman Avenue in Johnston into the heart of our capital city, linking up directly to the Providence Riverwalk at Providence Place Mall. The on-road segments are recommended for experienced cyclists with busy road crossings.
- Johnston Parking:
- Hillside Avenue, Johnston