Fun Facts, Real Estate Facts & Things To Do
Woonsocket Rhode Island
- The city of Woonsocket is located within the boundaries of Providence County.
- Woonsocket was incorporated in 1867.
- 2010 Census notes 41,186 people live in this city.
- Woonsocket is the 6th largest city in Rhode Island.
- Size: 15.4 Sq Miles (8.4 Sq Miles of land & 7.0 Sq Miles of water)
- Zip Code: 02806
- Woonsocket is home to the CVS Caremark corporate headquarters.
- Woonsocket is also home to the American-French Genealogy Society.
- Town of Woonsocket Official Website
Real Estate Facts
% of Value
Biz / Personal Prop
- Location: 255 Logee St Woonsocket RI.
- Built: 1729 or 1750
- Added to the National Register of Historic Places: 1982.
- The logee house is an early 18th century house which has been altered and added to over the years.
- The Logee House stands atop Logee Hill at the southeast corner of Logee & Grove Streets.
- The odd-shaped lot is banked up and rimmed by a low concrete retaining wall.
Woonsocket Harris Public Library
- Location: 303 Clinton Street Woonsocket RI 02895
- Phone: (401) 769-9044
- Woonsocket Harris Public Library Website
- Woonsocket Harris Public Library Facebook
- The Woonsocket Harris Public Library was originally known as the Harris Institute Library. Situated on the second floor of the Harris Institute Building in the Harris Block on Main Street , the Harris Institute Library opened its doors to the public on October 3, 1868.
- The Harris Institute Library has the distinction of being the first public library in the state of Rhode Island . The library was located directly below Harris Hall, where Abraham Lincoln delivered an anti-slavery address in 1860.
Woonsocket Public Library - Fairmount Branch CLOSED
- Location: 18 Memorial Dr Woonsocket RI 02895
- Phone: (401) 762-8598
- Woonsocket Public Library Website
- The city's second branch library, the Fairmount Branch, opened in January 1998. It was created to serve the children of the Fairmount section of the city who might not have regular access to the main library on Clinton Street . The Fairmount Branch Library was located on 18 Memorial Drive. The Fairmount Branch closed on March 31, 2007.
American French Genealogical Society
- Location: 78 Earle Street Woonsocket RI.
- Phone: 401.765.6141
- Official Website
- Official Facebook
- The American-French Genealogical Society, formed in February of 1978, is a non-profit genealogical and historical organization devoted to people of French-Canadian extraction.
- The Society is actively involved in extracting, collating, and publishing Franco-American vital statistics, parish registers, burial records, and other data consistent with our culture.
Blackstone River Bikeway Bike Path
The Blackstone River Bikeway is the state's third-longest bike path, stretching 11.6 miles from Woonsocket to Cumberland. Our goal is to connect Providence to the Massachusetts border through a series of on-road and off-road segments.
- Woonsocket Parking:
- River's Edge Park at Davison Avenue, Woonsocket
Woonsocket Beaches & Parks
|World War II Memorial State Park||Social St||SITE||401.762.9717||Fresh|